cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Links only 'recommends' game/app

FAMOUSstars901
Explorer

Hi All,

Recently I have begun to experience issues when attempting to use referral codes from friends. Unfortunately after clicking the link, it takes me to the referral page however instead of offering the discount, it simply states that the person who referred the discount code "Recommends" the app/game. When following any further links to the Quest store, no discounts are added. This issue has been occurring for the last couple of weeks. Prior to this, I had no issues at all redeeming the referral codes.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

FAMOUSstars901_0-1717143220515.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @FAMOUSstars901 🙂

maybe a bug?

I saw  some other posts with that issue.

You should send a bug report..... you won't receive an answer to the bug report, it's just to let Meta know, "something is wrong".

Report a problem on Meta Quest 

You can also send a PM @MetaQuestSupport 

click on the name to visit their profile page, then click the "send a message" button.

They are able to help you, in case it's a problem with your account.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @FAMOUSstars901 🙂

maybe a bug?

I saw  some other posts with that issue.

You should send a bug report..... you won't receive an answer to the bug report, it's just to let Meta know, "something is wrong".

Report a problem on Meta Quest 

You can also send a PM @MetaQuestSupport 

click on the name to visit their profile page, then click the "send a message" button.

They are able to help you, in case it's a problem with your account.

CristhianC11
Honored Guest

I have exactly the same problem 😞

As i said....iI think, it's some sort of bug.

You should also send a bug report and contact @MetaQuestSupport 

You find the links to do that in my post above yours @CristhianC11 🙂

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, @FAMOUSstars901! As @Choleni mentioned, submitting a bug report can help, as it will ensure the proper team gets the details to be reviewed further, but we can certainly look into this to ensure there is nothing else that may be preventing the referral. We have received your PM and will be continuing through there. Have a great day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

n0smuh
Honored Guest

@FAMOUSstars901 Did you get any answers with your request? I am having the same issue as you i pm Quest support but was told the offers were not available to me at this time, which was strange. Many Thanks

Unfortunately I received the same response. After 10 or so messages to 3 different people, the result was “It appears the promotion you're referring to isn't currently available for your account.” The confusing thing to me is that this isn’t a promotion, it is a Quest-wide program which doesn’t state any limitations around who it is and isn’t available to. I challenged them on this however this is where the communication ended. Very poor support when some users can still take advantage of the program while randomly selected people can not.

My guess is that this program is being overused therefore Meta are looking to put control measures in place to limit who can claim the discounts. If they were transparent about this and advised that what the guidelines were I would be much more accepting. Unfortunately the support team provide no information and make you jump through hoops in the hope that you give up on the query, and if you keep persisting for answers, they simply stop replying. I have trialed setting up a new account and can confirm that the referral codes work. As well as this, you can claim codes for games you have already purchased therefore it is clear that Meta is turning this feature off for users on purpose. This is not a bug which will be fixed. They are clearly limiting who can claim discount codes and pleading ignorance when being questioned on it.

I am a new Quest user and as a customer, I feel extremely let down. One of the main reasons I purchased a Quest over the competition was due to the app referral program and for this to be disabled for me after 1 week of owning my device, I am disappointed to say the least. Being a new user, there is a whole catalogue of apps available to me for purchase however until I am reinstated with access to the app referral program, I will not be spending a cent.

I am hopeful that they may turn this on again in the future however considering this was purposefully turned off for me, I am not holding my breath.

n0smuh
Honored Guest

I feel you're pain friend. I'm hoping that it is just a bug that will get patched out in a update but as you said I'm now not purchasing anything until its resolved. Its crazy that they would do some thing like this. My was fine months ago and wasn't till my friend said we should try a game out that i pulled the headset out after a fair few months to having these issues. Lets hope our referral access gets activated again. Thank you for replying 👍 

And does it work for you now?
I've had this problem for about 3 weeks, and it is supposed to be a system error. I hope it will be fixed soon.

Unfortunately the problem still remains for me. Meta Support's response is the following "We are evaluating changes to the app referral program. As a result, some randomly selected groups of users may periodically not be able to access app referrals." They are not able to advise any details on this or when these "randomly selected groups" will be reinstated into the referral program. I truthfully don't believe I will ever be able to claim discounts through this program again unless I create a new account. This isn't a system error. Meta have consciously made changes to the program to control the amount of discounts being claimed. Unfortunately you and I are part of the unlucky group of users who aren't entitled to discounts while the majority of users continue to use and abuse the system.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?