cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Error saying "We're having problems loading this" when enabling developer mode

djn121
Level 2

Hi everyone!

Headset: Oculus Quest 2

Problem: When I toggle the developer mode switch in the Oculus iOS app, a red banner populates on the bottom of the screen stating "We're having problems loading this. Please try again."

What I have tried: I created an oculus account, created an organization within, factory reset my quest 2, paired with my iPhone, and attempt to put into developer mode and I get the same problem. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, I have deleted and created new organizations in the developer account, and I have factory reset the headset countless times.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It worked last week!!

Thanks!!

632 REPLIES 632

If anyone is feeling adventurous, you can go to APKMirror.com and search for meta quest, they have quite a few versions of the app in there. Apparently I have the latest version that came out on 12/1/22 on my phone. They have versions going all the way back to May 7th of 2018!

Same problem here. Tried factory reset, creating a new account, 2 diferent phones and even from meta windows soft. Developer mode just wont turn on.

Are you on v46 or v47 firmware? Seems to be an issue with v47.

I'm going to have to disable my wifi before I turn my headset back on, so I can try to disable updates? I see reddit articles about how one can downgrade their firmware, but unfortunately, you need to have dev mode activated!

I have the same issue, when is this going to be solved?

Pico 4 is sure sounding like a good alternative (no developer mode nonsense required).

Same here, i need developer mode!

knob2001
Level 3

Hi.

Suddenly, one of my Meta Quest 2 developer mode was deactivated by itself, and I can't re-activate it via the two paths: mobile app & Developer Hub.

What the hell this means? We are working with a couple of Quest 2 more and this is very annoying.

Of course, the other Quests are working as usual and my account is verified.

The error says:

Spoiler
[error][OculusDeveloperHub][2022-12-03T19:37:04.313Z] {"type":"o[error][OculusDeveloperHub][2022-12-03T19:37:04.313Z] {"type":"oculus_odh_app_error","error_name":"DeviceNuxError","level":"error","message":"Method DEV_MODE_SET failed with OPERATION_NOT_ALLOWED. Details from headset: Developer mode is blocked for this account","stack_trace":"DeviceNuxError: Method DEV_MODE_SET failed with OPERATION_NOT_ALLOWED. Details from headset: Developer mode is blocked for this accounculus_odh_app_error","error_name":"DeviceNuxError","level":"error","message":"Method DEV_MODE_SET failed with OPERATION_NOT_ALLOWED. Details from headset: Developer mode is blocked for this account","stack_trace":"DeviceNuxError: Method DEV_MODE_SET failed with OPERATION_NOT_ALLOWED. Details from headset: Developer mode is blocked for this account\n at file:///C:/Program%20Files/Meta%20Quest%20Developer%20Hub/resources/app.asar/output/window.js:1:4149750\nCaused by: BluetoothError: Method DEV_MODE_SET failed\n at t.CCCaller.x [as extractError] (file:///C:/Program%20Files/Meta%20Quest%20Developer%20Hub/resources/app.asar/output/window.js:1:3114478)\n at t.CCCaller._sendReceiveImpl (file:///C:/Program%20Files/Meta%20Quest%20Developer%20Hub/resources/app.asar/output/window.js:1:4748093)\n at async t.CCCaller.sendReceiveWithTransport (file:///C:/Program%20Files/Meta%20Quest%20Developer%20Hub/resources/app.asar/output/window.js:1:4747251)\n at async S._call (file:///C:/Program%20Files/Meta%20Quest%20Developer%20Hub/resources/app.asar/output/window.js:1:3114196)\n at async S.devModeEnable (file:///C:/Program%20Files/Meta%20Quest%20Developer%20Hub/resources/app.asar/output/window.js:1:3111902)","error_types":null}

Thanks

Skikopl
Level 3

Exact same issue. Oculus needs to fix this ASAP. It's a huge problem.

Another one here!

The error (log file) says: "Developer mode is blocked for this account"

JPS.GER
Level 3

Same problem. Developer Mode was always working, but it stopped at some point. On the developer website I was required to add a phone number to verify my account (that was working for years without), but this didn't fix the problem - I still can't activate developer mode in the smartphone app.