cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Resolved) Known Issue - V62/63 USB-C Debris/Water Warning

Star.Knight
Protege

v62 has a big problem with USB port sensor (found the very same issue on my Q3 and the one of my wife)... when used with an extension cable (even if it is a quality cable) from time to time star showing the debris-water warning message. Of course there is no debris or water, just a nasty software false alarm.

1,053 REPLIES 1,053

That was sarcasm?

Yea bro they don't care. They have our money. They think replying with bots is going to satisfy us. That we'll forget about it. No! Never! I will never forget about it and neither will anyone else. Almost another month has passed and still no fix for the **bleep**en false debris error. Listen dip**bleep**s. Get a programmer to go into the code and delete the entire debris and water warning code. Its not needed. 

"The thing that I and quite sure most of users here would like to know is, what kind of compensation will people here get for not being able to use the headsets for more than 4 weeks now (going into end of 5), there have been no responses on what is being done, no updates on the fix, nothing..... "

Week 5? Nah man more like week 7 by now. Its been happening since before I even had a headset. They refuse to help us. They just keep stringing us along as one other poster said. This is unacceptable! If this continues much longer there's going to be a lawsuit of a magnitude never seen before in any court of law. We gamers go ape **bleep** when our games are interrupted. You have been warned Meta.

👍👍👍

frank.dill.2024
Protege

if you're NOT charging the headset(just cable headset to the PC) while on using in PCVR do you guys still get the message?

i used the kuject cable with power supply.  If i'm charging and the battery level is under 80% i don’t get the error message, if i'm not charging and just doing data transfer i don't get the error whatever the percentage of charge the headset is

I have the same cable( kuject cable ) I haven't tried charging it while under 80%. I originally bought the one that was 18 Watts (white one) that one gave me lot errors. but it actually charged headset while I was playing. I don't know if this would work for people try not charging the headset while  on PCVR hopefully they push an update.

I get the message at random times, including with no charger or PC plugged in. That typically happens after I unplug and reboot.  

No, but when charging I allways have the message.

official meta cable? does it happen when the headsets over 80%?

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?