cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved - Meta Quest App - Blank Screen on iOS 16.2+

clarkerz
Protege
After installing the Meta Quest app on my iPhone 13 Pro Max and pairing all was well and worked OK. After going back to the app on my iPhone the screen flashes briefly and then goes blank (light grey). The exact same happens on my iPad as well. If I uninstall both and and reinstall then it all works fine again, until I close the app and then try and re use later.

iPhone 13 Pro Max - Model MLLA3B/A - iOS Version - 16.1.2

iPad 2018 6th Gen - Model MR722B/A - iOS Version - 15.6.1

The video is not great but shows the issue. I cannot find anyone else having a similar issue anywhere.

A video of the issue 

94 REPLIES 94

Time2Metab8
Honored Guest

Clearly a bug or something, because I’ve been having the same issue.  Had to delete and reinstall the app several times already.

paulxdavid
Honored Guest

Same exact issue for me. Blank screen in iPhone App. Worked fine before. On iPhone 13 Pro Max. Current iOS. - Tried the airplane mode on & off, didn’t work. Uninstalled the app. Re-installed, worked for about 1-minute. When I toggled decides in the store from Rift to Quest, screen went blank right away again. 

Frazz78
Honored Guest

I have the exact same problem. I need to uninstall and reinstall the iOS app everytime I use it on iPhone 12 and iPad. I have iOS 15

i cannot figure out how to raise a ticket, the link to support in this thread just takes me to a load help guides, non of which are for this problem, which clearly a lot of customers have

Hello @Frazz78, seeing you are having the same issue with uninstalling and reinstalling the mobile app, we highly recommend for you to completely turn off your phone and wait 10 minutes to restart it. If this doesn't help, you can contact us from Meta Store Support. To reach the page where you can interact with us, you'll need to click the button at the bottom of the page, under the troubleshooting articles. The button will take you to a page with contact options. 

We hope this was helpful and we hope to hear from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Tried Turning off and waiting before turning back on. Didn’t work.

since so many customers are facing the same issue it would be nice to know you’ve logged a bug and the devs are looking at it. It’s getting to the point of returning the device since the app is so central to the functionality.

Hi there @jason.batters.9, seeing as resetting the phone did not help, we want to ask you to reach out to us from our support channel. We have better tools to deep dive into this issue for you from over there. 

We also do take issues seriously and we are doing the best we can to aid our customer's problem(s). We hope to hear from you soon over at our support channel, and assist you all that we can!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

CoralWhite86
Explorer

I’m having this issue also. I tried the aeroplane mode fix and that hasn’t worked. It’s so frustrating and I’ve been trying to get meta support to reply and they simply have stopped replying. 

You would this this would be helpful but I’ve been waiting days for someone to help me with this exact issue. Support threw a bunch of suggestions my way and then simply stopped replying. Sort it out. Just get your developers to fix this very obvious problem. It’s not our problem to fix, it’s yours, Meta. 

LethalBacon1998
Explorer

Found a bit of a work around. Go onto chrome. Search for a vr game. (Any should work) then select the top result and it should open it in the app without issue

Love it. That works from me… also from the safari browser. Appreciate you sharing @LethalBacon1998 . Great workaround!