cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift s

diddsy79
Explorer

Oculus are you there because you are no longer assisting me with my Rift S headset. 
My headset stopped working on my PC, I kept getting a fail on my headset sensor check. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Oculus software several times and even wiped my PC and reinstalled Windows 10 along with all the driver updates for graphics card etc.

I even followed all of the Oculus support guidance and still my headset won’t work. It feel like the support staff are just making people do the same thing over and over when they know there is no fix as they have dropped the device.

I purchased my device in March 2021, if I’d known that Oculus were going to drop the Rift  S I would not have purchased it. 

It appears to me that Oculus don’t want to support this device anymore and are trying to force people into buying their latest headset.

So Oculus what do you intend to do with the issues concerning peoples failed headsets?

Please DO NOT ask me to submit anymore support tickets because you are not dealing with my current one 😡

Not everyone can afford to pay £300 every time you bring out a new device and fail to support previous versions. Either fix the problem or offer people an exchange as they have already forked out a load of money for these devices.

7 REPLIES 7

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Just another one-post-wonder cry baby imho.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

“One post wonder cry baby”

Bet that took all of your brains to come up with that. well done now go have a rest you must be tired. 
Unless you anything useful to say just keep your crappy comments to yourself. 

@diddsy79  congrats, you’re now a 2 post wonder, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

SnowWolf3003
Explorer

Well Il Admit. I have posted twice about Support and havent been given any advice from a Offical Oculus Tech support or even the option to swap my Rift S for the Quest as a good will from Oculus but NO NOTHING JOKE.

And TOM stop being a **** where else are you meant to ask for support and dont get it when they state ask for support / help you muppet.

After receiving repetitive emails from Oculus support I gave up and took my Rift S back to Argos, told them it wasn't working and got it exchanged for a Quest 2. They were quite helpful to be fair. I showed them the emails I was sent by so called "Oculus support" and Argos agreed they weren't being helpful. Luckily I only purchased my Rift S in March 2021 so it was still returnable.

SnowWolf3003
Explorer

Yeah I dont think i would be able to take it back to the shop now it would have to be done through Oculus Support to send me one out and they take this piece of **bleep** back. I am at my wits end with a faulty product as well. I also hear that the Quest 2 isnt better to be honest.

SlaytaTimin
Honored Guest

Meta clearly doesn't care about those of us with rift s issues