cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear VR

SaviddL
Explorer

Looked at a bunch of other posts and cant solve this issue. My headset was working fine until today where i was forced to get a using a meta account. Since then all i get is a "Facebook Session Expired" error. I've uninstalled Facebook and Oculus apps and reinstalled, no change. I created a new FB account and Linked it but again when i open the Oculus Gear VR app i get that error, rebooted the device, no change, removed all FB accounts from my device (S9+) and added only the new account, no change. My old Oculus account doesn't work as i get a "No network Connection" error there. WTF is up with Meta forcing users into this crap that is rife with issues. And I cant raise a ticket because there is no support option for Gear VR. And I refuse to buy a $400 headset just on principle...My existing one worked just fine until today.

469 REPLIES 469

d.247587
Honored Guest

I have account with oculus and I tried my Facebook account to use my gear vr with s9+ and it is no longer working.

progrunman
Honored Guest

I was using S9+ and Gear VR well, but at some point I couldn't log in and couldn't use the VR device.
I have a Facebook ID, an Oculus ID, and even a Meta ID, but none of them are working.
I am not looking for additional support or additional updates.
I just need to be able to continue using what I've been using.
I can't believe that ending support means discarding the product.
I am disappointed in your company.
I sent the DM you mentioned, and I'll see how META respond.

META responded and the situation is now clear.

It's a funny situation where Samsung is telling me to contact META, and META is telling me to contact Samsung.

Samsung and META should have at least removed this stupid Oculus login step when booting GearVR before ending support.

Now all that's left is to throw away my bricked GearVR and delete my Samsung and META accounts.
Thank f you

rocky0506
Honored Guest

How to use Samsung VR post fail linking Oculus and Facebook account due to Oculus account deleted.

XeanXeus
Honored Guest

Good morning, I have a Samsung S9 with one ui 2.5 and android 10. I have the oculus app installed, but when I try to log in it says my Facebook session has expired, when I log out of Facebook and try to log in fresh from the oculus app it tells me the app can't access the domain, when I press create an account it says I can no longer create an oculus account, when I try to log in with my meta horizon account it says email or password incorrect. I have all my apps still on the phone but I cant open oculus home because it doesn't let me log in anymore. Why not just update the app to where you don't need to log in and you can just use it offline? 

harmony9678
Honored Guest

I have a problem using Samsung Gear VR with SM-G935K.

It is not possible to log in Oculus App.

When I tried to log in Oculus App via Facebook ID, it says  that facebook session is expired.

There was no problem in loggin in the app in two years ago.

So, I create a new account in Meta App.

Then, I tried to log in Oculus App using the new account.

But, the Oculus App says that there is not account.

Finally, I tried to create a new account using the Oculus App.

It says that network is not connected.....

RobbyO1979
Honored Guest

Why did you completely disable any Samsung Gear VR? I can no longer use it at all. It asks me to log into Oculus and will not let me. Even when I try to create a new account, all I get is “network connection error”, so I can’t even create a new account. I have used my Gear VR for several years with no issues… please help. 
It seems this is being down to force all Samsung Gear VR users to buy an Oculus headset when their is nothing wrong with the Gear VR.

rafiq.210885
Honored Guest

Can help

I cannot pair headset samsung gear vr

"We are so incredibly grateful that you all continue to be a part of our vibrant community and we look forward to sharing the exciting future of VR with you."

Well, that's the part you don't seem to understand. By purposefully not allowing thousands of users to continue to use their Gear VR, do you really think they will continue to be your customers and buy new VR headsets??? worst marketing move ever...

Dear  MetaQuestSupport, I am experiencing all the same difficulties that other users described above. Please tell me, has a solution been found to the problem that was discussed back in January 2024?

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?