cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shellenv keeps stopping

Mr_Amazing19
Honored Guest

Hello. I am having Thai ongoing issue that says “Shellenv keeps stopping” I can not seem to resolve this issue. Any advice on how to fix this?

16 REPLIES 16

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Mr_Amazing19! We appreciate you reaching out and trying to get help with your issue. We understand how important it is to be able to have full use of your device and we want to assist you in any way we can.

If you could please provide us with a screenshot of the error message you are receiving it would help us get a better understanding of the issue. Do keep in mind that this usually involves developer coding issues and if anything was sideloaded on the device it does break Meta Quests's terms of use and limits us from being able to assist you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

AE3BB1DB-1568-49DF-8947-5413FACDBCA3.jpeg

 please make it stop

Thanks for providing that picture for us! In cases such as this, the best option will be a factory reset. We know how daunting it can seem, but don't worry! All of your purchased games and apps will stay linked to your account and will be available to download again after logging in. Please make sure you have cloud backup enabled, we'd hate for you to lose any data! Here's how you can factory reset the device:

To perform a factory reset using your phone:

1. Open the Meta Quest app on your phone.
  2. Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
  3. Tap the headset connected to your phone.
  4. Tap Advanced Settings.
  5. Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

We hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, we're always happy to assist.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello? Anyone there? Just checking in to see if the information provided helped as we want to make sure you can get back into your awesome VR world. 

T1R1M1SU_CC
Honored Guest

Use Sidequest And Go Inside Your Headsets Files And If You Use The Virtual Environment, Paradiso, Theres A Glitch Where It Can Stop ShellEnv. (when in sidequest, DELETE PARIDISO from you Headset, DONT DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN, Its Happend To Me)

How do I enable cloud backup?

Hey there @Soap.For.Eyes! We see you have a question about enabling Cloud Backup. We appreciate your question, and we'll be pleased to help you out with this!

Please try the following to enable a Cloud Backup: 

1. Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select System, then select Backup.
  4. Select the toggle next to Cloud Backup to turn Cloud Backup on or off.

You can find these steps and some additional helpful information about Cloud Backup HERE. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We will be patiently waiting for your response! 

Hey @Soap.For.Eyes! We just wanted to follow up to see if you were able to enable a Cloud Backup effectively. Please don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any. We will wait patiently for your reply!

I would do that but I have the same problem and my headset just has the spinning pringle(or logo whatever) and then it just says either system utilities or SHELLENV keeps stopping however it doe not go to the universal menu so is there anyway I can do a cloud backup on the phone app?