cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store app for Meta Quest 2 - Meta Go error

Penguinicity
Explorer

Hello!

I just purchased a Meta Quest 2 headset. I’m about to make my first purchase for a game listed in the recommended list and I’m seeing the following error:

- It looks like you haven’t yet set up Meta Go, whic you’ll need to play X game. Do you still want to purchase it?

-you haven’t paired up any controllers required to use this app. Do you want to continue?

my understanding is that Meta Go was an older headset. How do I go about making any purchase with my already paired up headset?

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Penguinicity! Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the Meta family! We see you're having issues trying to make your first purchase. Well let's work together and get you into your VR world quickly!

Do you perchance own a Go device? If so, you must choose to pair your Meta Quest 2 by going to the Devices menu in the Meta Quest App. using "Switch devices" or "Connect new device".

Let us know if this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey hey! Just checking in to see if your still having issues with getting your first purchase? We want to make sure we can help you get back on track!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thanks for checking back! I indeed have an Oculus Go headset, but my Meta Quest is correctly paired to the app. Is there anything else I should try?

kojack
MVP
MVP

Both the mobile app and the website have multiple stores: Rift, Quest, Go and GearVR. You can pick which one you want to buy from.

In the mobile app's store tab, the specific store is listed in the top left, make sure it says Quest.

In the website, the store is on the far left on the same line as the "Games Apps Entertainment Wishlist" header.

Or if you put on the Quest and select the store, it will only show you Quest games.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Howdy there, @Penguinicity! We've noticed that you're still having difficulty completing your first Meta Quest 2 purchase. And we understand how worrying this can be, so we'd like to help you get started in the right direction. We recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the app. Please keep us updated on how things are going so that we can determine if any additional steps are required.

Hello there, @Penguinicity! We're keeping an eye on you and would like to know if you completed your Quest 2 purchases. Please contact us if you require any additional assistance, we will be happy to assist you.

alexiswells.2023
Honored Guest

I am suggestion few steps as per my understanding, you can follow to fix your issue 

1. Restart your Meta Quest 2 or Meta Go device. Sometimes, simply restarting the device can resolve issues with the app store.

2. Check your internet connection. Make sure your device is connected to a stable and strong Wi-Fi network or cellular data connection. Weak or unstable connections can cause issues with the app store.

3. Clear the cache and data for the app store on your Meta Quest 2 or Meta Go device. To do this, go to your device's settings, find the app store or this post, and then clear the cache and data.