cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble casting to oculus.com/casting

Kaydubbzz
Honored Guest

Hi all, recently bought a Quest 2 and am having trouble streaming to a mac book on the oculus.com/casting page. When I hit cast while using my Oculus, and go to the computer option nothing comes up on my mac. They are connected to the same wifi network, and I can't seem to find a fix for this anywhere. Have tried restarting both to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Kaydubbzz. We'd love to help you get casting on your MacBook. Thank you for providing us with the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Sometimes it can take a few minutes for the webpage to connect to the cast.

We see your devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi, awesome. Now, we want to ask you to try again, but this time:

• Start casting before starting any apps.
  • If you don't see your cast on the webpage, wait at least 5 minutes before restarting the cast.
  • If these steps do not work for you, please power cycle your headset.

We hope this helps, but let us know if you need any more assistance. 😊👍

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you for the speedy response! We have tried these steps and still had no success unfortunately.

To add on to my last comment, I can stream to my PC just fine but for some reason we get an error message on my girlfriends mac laptop.

Hello, thanks for reaching out to us. We noticed you're continuing to experience streaming issues with your Mac Book. Rest assured, we're here to help. 🙂 

To begin, please ensure that you have selected Google Chrome instead of Safari as your web browser on the MacBook. Click here and select 'Cast to your computer'. 

In addition, here are a few things to consider when attempting to stream or cast. 

• Compatibility cannot be guaranteed with all PC or TV models.

• You may experience issues when casting and recording simultaneously.

• Exiting or minimizing the Oculus app may interrupt casting.

• Casting may increase battery usage or degrade in-app performance.

Let us know if you need anything else. 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

1111m2222
Honored Guest

so i have not a quest 2 just a quest i did the instructions didn't work also if meta is reading this i tried casting my oculus to my dads phone then it loged me out of my account

Oh no! Casting issues with your Quest 2? This is not what we like to hear from community members! We want to get you back on track regarding your VR device.

Please let us know what kind of phone you're using and the software version you're currently on. We just want to make sure your device is up to date and capable of casting using our app!

You can try the following:

• Restart your headset, phone and your casting device.
  • When starting to cast please make sure you have your headset connected and the device your casting with close by.
  • Make sure to check for software updates on your headset and phone.
  • Restart your Wi-Fi router.

Once this is provided and you try the following steps, we can get a better look at this for you! In the meanwhile we will be waiting for your update! 

Knock knock! Just checking in to see if you're still having issues regarding your casting? We will stay up to date with your response back! 

Having the same issue on my Mac book. We’re using google chrome. It seems to connect for about 2 seconds on the oculus (can see the red dot in the top right corner) then it says that it failed. 

Dang, that's a shame. Are you able to cast to other places like another browser, another computer, your TV or the Meta Quest app on your phone?

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!