cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verifying the Meta email address

hp5946
Honored Guest

I am brand new to Meta Quest and just want to make sure that mailer@us.khoros-mail.com is actually a legitimate email address from the Meta Community. I am supposed to email them a bunch of info since my referral from my daughter when I bought my headset did not go through and I am not comfortable sending all the info without verification that this email address is legitimately Microsoft. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kojack
MVP
MVP

Khoros is the company that makes the forum software used here. That's the email they use to send notifications from this forum. I don't think they can be replied to since Meta doesn't own it.

(For example email notifications from the Visa forums also come from mailer@us.khoros-mail.com, since Visa uses Khoros too)

I assume they want you to send a personal message to them through the forum, that email was probably just the notification of the PM from them.

@MetaQuestSupport can hopefully confirm what's up.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

kojack
MVP
MVP

Khoros is the company that makes the forum software used here. That's the email they use to send notifications from this forum. I don't think they can be replied to since Meta doesn't own it.

(For example email notifications from the Visa forums also come from mailer@us.khoros-mail.com, since Visa uses Khoros too)

I assume they want you to send a personal message to them through the forum, that email was probably just the notification of the PM from them.

@MetaQuestSupport can hopefully confirm what's up.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Thank you so much. The email does not say "do not reply" anywhere on it like that type of address usually does, so I got myself confused. I wanted to ensure that I was not going to be sending personal information to some unverified place. Thank you again. 

darkamazingking.2023
Honored Guest

Listen you Y'll       the email does not say such command

don't access ''don't say''  don't listen

DM ME 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?