cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is Horizon Worlds coming to Australia?

Curious.Toy
Protege

Hi there,

do you know when Horizon Worlds will be open to the rest of the world (in particular Australia)?

I have sent my registration request and I am eager to start creating content!

Thanks

Steve

149 REPLIES 149

They are lowering the age restriction from 18 to 13 and are planning on letting people connect to it with mobile phones and web browsers... but still no announcement on letting Aus or other countries in.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the US and it says coming soon for me too.  Please help 

Hey hey, @Anonymous! We just wanted to hop on by to lend a hand with your Horizon Worlds showing as coming soon. We know how this can hider your VR experience, first we would like to make sure you meet all of the requirements listed below: 

• Be connected to a Facebook account
  • Be over 18 years of age

If so please make sure of the following: 

• Are you signed into the correct account (Primary vs. Secondary included)
  • If account connected to Facebook? Is this the correct Facebook?
  • If you recently moved or traveled, this can change your account's location
  • This can sometimes be resolved by factory resetting the headset or waiting a few days at home for the system to recognize the new location.

We hope this helps lend a hand in getting your issue resolved. If not please use this link here, to report a bug. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

dasherspaceski
Honored Guest

please give us a straight answer! This is appalling. All these customers bought the headset with the promise of meta horizons. We can't keep waiting. 😒😠

Phantom3008
Honored Guest

Australia is isolated within the World, Meta just want to make sure it’s replicated within their rollout plan it seems?

Gillyweedz
Honored Guest

My Occulus is basically a brick. Useless. Not a day goes by I don’t regret purchasing it. 
What good is it when you Meta geo-blocks us out of Horizon Worlds??? 
Im donating my headset to the local rubbish dump 

JengaBLOCK
Explorer

META HORIZONS is probably dead or discontinued. 

Horizon Worlds is still up-and-running, might be more active now than in recent weeks due to the inclusion of PC joining the system. Now anyone can join in on the fun without owning a Quest device!

Horizon Worlds is only available in Canada, France, Iceland, Ireland, Spain, U.K. and U.S. at the moment.

In the time of your life, live - so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

P.S., I can beat you at One Piece TCG and Tekken

This is getting ridiculous, its been years, why are you locking Australia out of Horizom World Meta!!! 

To make matters worse, the Quest 3 "Events" app only allows you to join via Meta Worlds, so the Events on the Quest are pointless.

The "Venues" app doesn't seem to be available for AU anymore either.

Can Meta Quest Support please give us some insight into whether any of the Events will be accessible from Australia, and/or whether Meta Worlds will be available anytime soon? Considering how much Australian's are paying for these devices, it's very disappointing that a major feature of the Quest globally doesn't exist for us.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?