cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White horizontal stripe across screen while using link

Panzer_mk2
Honored Guest
Headset seems to work fine stand-alone.  I use the headset with IRacing, and often (not always) get a translucent horizontal stripe across the screen after about 15 minutes or so.  It doesn't feel like the headset is overheating.  This doesn't show up on the screen mirror on PC, or if I "mirror" with the debug tool.  Is this likely a failing display or is there somewhere else I should look?
1,110 REPLIES 1,110

Pemalu123
Explorer

Yes it is a bit strange that oculus all the developers haven’t really looked at this problem so they have confirmed that it’s been logged as a problem so I’m not sure what they’re going to do about it I’ll keep testing with the debug tool, as it only a link cable issue I have! Also do you play full screen or windowed? Try full screen as well. Still testing…..

damispeedVR
Protege

Yes always full screen. I use it most of the time to simracing, specially assetto corsa. I use the Oculus link cable. I think I've tried  all the combinations possible in the ODT and I'm really done about this. Yesterday plugged the CV1 again and yes, less resolution, but everything runs smooth and I can focus on racing not on weird things.

fatal88
Expert Protege

This issue has nothing to do with OTT or the debug tool. OTT is only doing the same thing as the debug tool, setting parameters, just via the command line interface in the background. This is probably some weird encoding issue.

I've bought another dedicated AX router and play sim titles via air link too. Zero issues (except I need to charge the power bank more often). The white bar issue only happens via tethered link. Although it's a joke that it is still not fixed.

I'll add my voice to this too. 

Crazy that we've all that money on an official link cable and have to put up with this.

It's like the CV1 audio issue in win10 where it used to cut out randomly. They never bothered fixing that either.

Sp0uny
Adventurer

Personally, I have stopped believing that I will one day be able to play properly with a Meta Quest 2 VR headset.
I will wait to be able to afford a VR headset from a more serious competitor, it's sad but that's how it is.

Shame on this company.

AsgardsFinest
Retired Support

Hello everyone! Specifically @paul.frampton.754 and @Sp0uny as y'all are the most recent visitors.

I see some of y'all are still wrestling with the white line popping up while your in VR, and I haven't seen this particular solution posted yet. Check this out and let me know what everyone thinks. I've had a few of these and it's come down to the graphics settings in my experience. Before I break into an explanation, here's what I'm on about.

The setting you'll want to tweak is the resolution and refresh rate. The refresh rate can be 71hz, 80hz or 90hz, and the resolution can be cranked all the way up to 5408 x 2736. This is located in the PC app under Devices. You'll head to "Graphics Preferences" and the "Resolution" and "Refresh Rate" will be in that menu. Now, I'm not sure what your individual PC's are going to look like, so get in there and find the resolution/refresh rate combo that works for you. If you go too high and your system can't hang with the settings, it'll revert to the previous settings in like 10 or 15 seconds. The only potential issue is that your CPU usage might spike for 30 seconds or so if you're maxed out.

Anyway, this is just what I've had success with, and hope it works for y'all. It may be a good idea to reach out to support if that, plus the other suggestions in this thread, don't get that white bar under control. Here's a direct link to Support where you can send in an email or chat.

Ad Astra Per Aspera, Trooper.

Thanks for this... for me it was using the OTT And the ODT at the same time, perhaps with slightly conflicting settings. Although I did set the encode resolution to 0 and had the distortion curvature to default an he encode dynamic bitrate set to default which may be the causing issue, without these in the OTT the issue went away!

damispeedVR
Protege

Good morning. After many tests yesterday I´m beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel in the problem of the horizontal stripe.

In my case the key has been to try different values ​​in the ODT. After trying these I've been able to play Assetto Corsa for about an hour without seeing the horizontal stripe so I guess I won't see it anymore (I hope).

All tests have been at 90hz with automatic resolution.

These are the settings (remember reebot oculus service in the ODT menus):

Pixels Per Display Pixel Override:  0

Force Mipmap Gen:    Off

Offset Mipmap:             0

FOV:   0; 0

Use FOV:     Auto

Bypass Proximity Sensor:  On

Adaptive GPU:                Default

Disabled

Disabled

Disabled

Disabled

Distortion curvature:     Low

Encode resolution width: 3660

Encode Dynamic Bitrate:            Disabled

Dynamic Bitrate Max:                0          

Encode bitrate (Mbps):               280

Dynamic bitrate offset:               0

Link sharpening:                          Enabled

Mobile ASW:                               Disabled

I hope this will help someone.

(05-09-22) EDIT: Nothing has been fixed. I didn't notice that I was using air link and that's why the white stripe did not appear. When I disable air link and use the cable conexion it appears after 5 minutes as always. Really angry about this ****bleeeep**** thing. 

damispeedVR
Protege

Update: Altough the white stripe has dissapeared I'm having some random stutters so I'm still testing. I think the problem may be the encode bitrate (Mbps) value.  

I've found some youtube help talking about disabling Oculus virtual audio headphones. I'll try it 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGPcsT0EDSU

We are getting closer to finding the answer.  I think it has to do with both the encode bitrate which I leave at 250 I have my Encode dynamic Bitrate Max at 0 and my Encode resolution with at 0 and my Encode Dynamic Bitrate Disabled.  Because I am flying with MSFS2020 in VR I have my Pixels set to 1.7 and the FOV 0.7 - 

I was using the OTT as well, but I think there was too much going on so when I stopped using that as it kept the ASW off and stayed off it seemed to be the king pin when selecting settings.  Now that I dont turn that on I dont have the white line appearing.  

Also keeping my window on full screen and  not limiting the size.

One thing I will say is when I used the ODT and the OTT together it looked to be a little clearer... but that may just be placebo!

Pemalu123_1-1661938071639.png