cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won’t this game install

fishbrickwithholes
Honored Guest

I recently uninstalled a game from my headset and then restarted it it when it was re-downloading and since then it has been constantly downloading for about three weeks and it’s not actually downloading it’s just stuck on 150mb/153mb and I can’t cancel the download in library or store my other games too download are just stuck on queue and it’s really frustrating because other games need updates 

10 REPLIES 10

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @fishbrickwithholes! We don't like to see our users having this kind of issue with their headsets. We know how important it is to get this issue sorted out as soon as possible. Not to worry. We'll provide a few things for you to check on and try out.

• Ensure that your headset has enough storage space.
  • Reset the headset once again.
  • Disconnect the Wi-Fi from the headset and then reconnect it.
  • Try a different Wi-Fi network or resetting the network.
  • If these steps do not work, a factory reset may be needed.
    • You can find the steps to do this here.

Please let us know if any of these work for you. We look forward to assisting you further!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @fishbrickwithholes! We just wanted to check in since we haven't heard back from you yet. If you'd still like help with this just let us know, we'd be glad to help out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I’m having the same issue with Blade and Sorcery! It uninstalled itself last month for no apparent reason and it won’t reinstall. Item either gets about half way before saying ‘install failed’ or simply won’t install at all… it’s getting beyond frustrating as it’s the only game I actually enjoy playing! Rarely even use the Occulus anymore because of the frustration it causes! Please can someone tell me how to resolve this?!?!

Hey there, @JediHarry! We hate to see that you are having trouble installing Blade and Sorcery. We know having to deal with this is keeping you from enjoying your game, and we're happy to look into this with you!

• Are you having problems installing other games on your headset?
  • Have you tried rebooting your headset?
    • Hold the power button down for at least 10 seconds, and then after waiting for about 30 seconds, turn the headset back on.
  • Have you checked to make sure that you have a stable connection that does not have multiple devices on it at the same time?
  • Could you please provide a picture of the error when you are trying to install the game?

Please provide as much information as you can about what you are experiencing. Once we have more information, we will be able to better assist you!

Thank you for the response.

The issue seems to only be with Blade and Sorcery. I have tried rebooting the headset but this does absolutely nothing and my internet connection is stable and fast, no issues on that front. I don’t have a picture of the error message on but every time it starts to reinstall, once it’s close to finishing it stops and says ‘unable to install’. I’ve been dealing with this since February now and it seems nothing will work. 

Thank you for providing that information! 

Since rebooting the headset did not work, we would like to see if performing a factory reset will help to install the game. Before performing the reset, we would like for you to make sure that you have your cloud backup turned on in your headset so you can save the data for some of your games before resetting your device. 

To know how to reset your device, please follow this link, and it will provide you with different steps on how to perform the reset. 

Please let us know if the reset was successful!

Hey there, @JediHarry! We're just checking in to see if you still need assistance with installing your game. Please let us know, and we'll be happy to help you!

Hi, I’ve tried the factory reset but unfortunately the issue persists, every other game reinstalled fine but Blade and Sorcery won’t, it’s really frustrating to have spent money on a game I really enjoyed to now neither be able to play it or be able to get a refund. Please can you advice on what I can do next to get this to work?

Hey there, @JediHarry! We entirely understand that you're experiencing trouble installing Blade & Sorcery. And we know how this may impact your VR experience. We'd want to step in and assist you in resolving this issue. Please let us know what type of troubleshooting you did so that we don't have to repeat the same procedures, and if you could provide us an image of the issue that you encountered.