cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go Build 17.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 6/8/2020: We're starting to roll a hotfix update out for the Quest & Go v17 software. This hotfix resolves an issue that prevented users from successfully accessing some applications in certain regions. As always, if you encounter any issues with this new update, please open a ticket with Oculus support. Thank you!

Update 6/1/2020
-
The team noticed some confusion around voice dictation and voice commands in these release notes. We have now added separate sections for Voice Dictation and Voice Commands to help differentiate between the two and better clarify the latest updates on each

---

All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of 5/18/20

Guardian

• Guardian can now detect objects in your Roomscale playspace during setup.
    • If an object is detected, Guardian will encourage you to remove the object from your playspace.
    • If you can’t remove the object, Guardian will make you aware of it to help you create a safer playspace.
  • When you glance down at the floor in-VR, you’ll have to option to see the floor bounds for Guardian.
    • To enable this feature, select Settings > Guardian > Glanceable Boundary

Social Reporting

• We’ve made usability improvements to the in-VR reporting flow

Oculus Store

• You can now search for bundles in the Oculus Store.
    • Please note that this change is an experiment that only a percentage of users will see.

Casting/Live Streaming

• You can now toggle the red dot indicator (which indicates you’re casting, recording video, or live streaming) on or off.
  • To do this, go to Settings > Device > Video Capture Indicator.

Hand Tracking

• Hand tracking for Oculus Quest is moving out of the Experimental Features section and into general release. Learn more about hand tracking.

Sharing

• We’ve made it easier to share the photos and videos you capture in-VR to Facebook or Messenger. Now, right after you capture a photo or video you’ll see a large preview of your capture. You can then press the Oculus button to view sharing options.
Voice Dictation
  • Voice Dictation is moving out of the Experimental Features section and into general release.
  • To type faster in VR using speech-to-text dictation, select the microphone icon on the Oculus keyboard.
    • Please note: This feature is currently limited to English speakers in the US.

Voice Commands
  • We’ve made general improvements to the Voice Commands beta feature.
  • Voice Commands can now be used within apps, games, and other immersive experiences.
  • The settings for Voice Commands can be adjusted by selecting Settings > Device > Voice Commands.
    • Please note that this feature is still in beta and may only be available to a percentage of users at this time.

Fixes

• Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the view to freeze upon using the headset for the first time after a long period of inactivity.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the Virtual Environments menu to incorrectly show the “No Internet Connection” error message when selected.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the ‘Free’ button to remain on an app’s store page after previously selecting it rather than showing the download progress.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the artwork for apps to appear as blank tiles in users’ libraries.
  • Fixed the design of Guardian boundaries during the confirmation step to align with the initial animation.
59 REPLIES 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
I then will look forward to getting the update maybe by next week...
😉

BurritoSOFT
Honored Guest
Pretty pog update! Can't wait for the guardian color changing too. With this playspace scan I won't bump into my tripod and the glance feature is neat because I always have had to turn on the Passthrough cameras or put my hand through to see the floor bounds.

EiinGeeeL
Explorer
I just try to explain my problem in english, sorry cause my bad language.

I dont like one thing of hand tracking, because of that, sometimes I dissable that option. When I am waching a youtube video or a movie in oculus browser (totally legal xd), the menu doesn't disappear.
I explain, when I use the touch controler, that grey menu disappear correctly when I put my touchs on the table, but when I have the hand tracking ON, my oculus detect my hands (all good) BUT, when I put down my hands in my chair or my bed, the menu of oculus browser still there, instead, sometimes, when I have my hand under my sheets, the guardian appear buggy a lot of times when Im not touching it.

SO PLEASE. With the release of the hand tacking, give a possibility to disable that option. THANK YOU! ❤️

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any plans to add support for hand tracking with Quest via Link? Or even Rift S at some point?

jpaulw2
Explorer

dburne said:

Any plans to add support for hand tracking with Quest via Link? Or even Rift S at some point?

I'm under the impression that they intend to take a look at the user feedback from the Quest implementation, then they'll consider adding it for Rift S if the feedback is good. I wouldn't imagine any PC VR games would roll out support for it until the Rift S supports it, at which point it would probably just work for Quest/Link. Although they have sold more Quests recently so you never know which might get supported first. But keep in mind this is on a game-by-game basis whether or not the developer decides to implement it.

The implementation should be made easier in the future on SteamVR games because they're making their skeletal tracking system accessable across all devices.

Beefman2008
Honored Guest
Can I just get the update right now I want my boundary purple and my beat saber better and my hand tracking apps with those sales please just let me update know please thank you and happy 1st birthday quest and rift s!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I just get the update right now I want my boundary purple and my beat saber better and my hand tracking apps with those sales please just let me update know please thank you and happy 1st birthday quest and rift s!

Lol you gotta just wait for Oculus to get it pushed out to ya.
I am usually among the last to get it, around a week after announcement.

Beefman2008
Honored Guest
can you let us costimize our boundery color now please i want purple!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

can you let us costimize our boundery color now please i want purple!

Maybe try holding your breath till you turn purple, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers