cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to have HMD screens enabled at least with SteamVR, while oculusclient.exe is "admin tricked"

Netheri
Rising Star
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/645002#Comment_645002

Thanks for the @vr_marco from his post, which gave me the idea.
Thanks for the @TaintFist who helped make the original batch

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/645424#Comment_645424

Thanks for the @LZoltowski who made the self elevating, improved batch file without asking

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/645451#Comment_645451

Thanks for the @TheRealIronWolf who also made alternative version of the improved batch

Also thanks to the @ChristianXXX who tested the functionality of the workaround on iRacing an told it helped with the Dash belt problem in it, before he moved to use Odyssey 😉 .

Please provide feedback on this thread or on the 1.31 thread or directly to me with pm, if you tested this also on non-SteamVR game starting the VR-game directly and ran the batch and the game/app worked without SteamVR directly (i.e with Elite Dangerous from Frontiers online shop)!?

rFactor, works
iRacing doesn't work
Elite Dangerous (from Frontier's online shop) doesn't work
SkyrimVR (SteamVR) works
Assetto Corsa (SteamVR, loaded directly from desktop shortcut) didn't work HOWEVER, @WiLLuMPJuH posted:"Select within AC / Content Manager ( Setup - Video ) not "Oculus Rift" but "OpenVR" instead to play it in SteamVR. " @svinnich got AC to run through SteamVR with the batch
Virtual Desktop (SteamVR, loaded directly from desktop shortcut) worked at least for me
Raceroom, works
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're better off doing things the other way around tbh. You'll get better performance with games bought from Steam if you use the Open OVR hack to stop SteamVR from launching.

Netheri
Rising Star
@snowdog
I want 2 different operating systems as they are without other starting anything automatically when i don't want to. Anyway, this method is solution for the black HMD screens (at least with SteamVR), when oculusclient.exe is being blocked from automatically started and when HMD is put on.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

Netheri
Rising Star
Oh and @snowdog i already informed ApollyonVR about the OpenCompositor hack, if you're referring to that, maybe we could get that as a addon on OTT!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup, I forgot what the new name was lol

I'm going to be using it when I'm able to play Skyrim VR again, and will also use it for Fallout 4 VR too due to the extra performance that you get running the games without crappy SteamVR. I've been waiting for a way to play games without SteamVR running for nearly 2 years, it's a clusterfuck for Rift owners and always has been.

Netheri
Rising Star
@snowdog
I've hated the way these two systems "fight" with each other when they're both on, it's a nuisance which i don't want at all, even the possibility. That's why i want the admin trick to be working. Of course, if the opencompositor gets more support from developers, it would be great to use the more graphic wise system only while playing SteamVR games without the actual SteamVR, which is Oculus!  But atm, even YoutubeVR isn't in Oculus Rifts store even when it has full support for Oculus Rift in SteamVR, which is a bit odd.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Where can I get this open VR program from?

TaintFist
Heroic Explorer
https://gitlab.com/znixian/OpenOVR/blob/master/README.md
asketh, and thou shall receiveth 🙂