Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v17 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Social Reporting

• We’ve made improvements to in-VR reporting. These changes include:
    • Streamlined the reporting process.
    • Updated language around reasons for report.
    • Prevented reports from being submitted without evidence.
    • Improved clarity around when a report has been successfully submitted.

Oculus Link

• General Stability improvements
54 REPLIES 54

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer
Oculus Rift/Rift S
  • Absolutely nothing, thanks for buying our HMD that we don't support.

MakGarett
Explorer
Oculus Link
  • General Stability improvements
Link still doesn't work anymore for me after updating Oculus app. Still no V17 on Quest side for the moment hope it will start to work again.

dhrto
Expert Protege
Yay more social features! Those are indeed the most important functionalities!

OK joking aside... in-VR reporting doesn't sound bad at all I must admit. Guess the Rift S died an early death. It's been just a over a year since launch and already seemed to be abandoned... tsk tsk... 

Anonymous
Not applicable
dhrto said:

Guess the Rift S died an early death. It's been just a over a year since launch and already seemed to be abandoned... tsk tsk... 

They didn't just abandon it they broke it first.

maxstep
Explorer
Rift S connected to USB 3.0 ports - before v17 I would rarely get the Rift S not show USB 3.0 and restarting the software would have always fixed it. With the latest v17 no amounts of restarts or power downs bring up the usb 3.0 status, I updated the drivers for the headset when prompted of course.

The only way to go back to USB 3.0 functionality is to un-enroll into beta, but if I understand correctly once v17 becomes public Im looking at a likelihood of the headset not seeing that the port is 3.0 for some reason, and just am worried. Thank you for the help!

Richooal
Consultant
My CV1 still works on this version V 17.0.0.83.462

I note that the experimental feature of glancing down to show the floor boundary is still missing from the "Experimental" tab.
Those people who enabled it are now not able to turn it off without a complete reinstall of the Oculus software.

Asking people to join in testing the experimental stuff seems like a good idea, but if you're going to end the experiment it would be nice to let people know. "What's New" could be used, for example.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

sleepynero
Explorer
Any idea on when the new platform SDK will be up?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm interesting, not much of an update it would seem this time.

Richooal
Consultant

dburne said:

Hmm interesting, not much of an update it would seem this time.

A quick turn around too. Their "progress" stops for nothing. Not even fixing problems.

Meanwhile, millions of Oculus users around the world are rejoicing the ability to send and receive clickable links and report each other more efficiently. The joys of "social" media.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.