cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable the health and safety warning for development purposes in 1.3?

wbsk
Protege
Is there a registry hack or similar since the option is no longer available in the settings panel it seems?
48 REPLIES 48

kondrak
Protege
Currently there's no way to do this.

jimbo00000
Explorer
I'm happy to report the HSW no longer appears for me. I saw it every time the first day and found it slightly onerous, but now it seems to have disappeared. Maybe it goes away after a day?

In any case, I find the development process to be quite smooth now. Running a program from Visual Studio immediately switches from home to the "Please Wait area" for a quick 1-2 second fade, then into the program. Thank you, Oculus.

wbsk
Protege
Every time I do a debug/run iteration from my visual studio C++ programs I keep facing this screen and having to click through unfortunately.  As a developer I just want my programs to launch straight away each iteration cycle with non of this as it's wasted time - that ironically makes me spend more time then I would like in VR.  Also the amount of RAM that Oculus home uses is unacceptable.  So I think they have some way to go before the current releases development process is smooth IMHO

thewhiteambit
Adventurer
once there was registry entry for that, don't know if it is still working

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree to pass this warning is totally annoying !!! If not registry hack there should be an application interface to control this . The developer should be responsible for his work, not the HW manufacturer ...

Sharkku
Protege
Yeah, I facepalmed when I saw that message again. I think it is nothing short of idiotic. The way the legal system in the US works... Please, if someone finds a way to remove it, let me know!

jherico
Adventurer
On the plus side, for the CV1 hardware with the sensor detecting it's being worn... the message only seems to appear after the headset has not been worn for a certain amount of time.  So at least for a development cycle this is a little less irritating.

whitehexagon
Explorer
+1 for the option to disable HSW again please, back doing dev on my DK2 and it's a PITA especially without an xbox controller to dismiss it.  It means I have to keep putting the HMD on to 'eye click' it.

kontisleap
Honored Guest
+1 for such an option, and not only that but also having to keep the Oculus home open at all times to actually debug in UE4 or Unity is a total waste of energy and could lead the screens to some serious burn-in.