cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a pain ! Can't package simple quest app

GregoryDFS
Honored Guest

Hello, first I want to say, UE is horrible, nothing works, you need to follow several tutorials for just starting a new project when Unity does everything itself. That's the second time I try to switch to UE but once again I think I will turn back...

That said, I followed these guides -that shouldn't exist- line by line : 

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unreal/unreal-quick-start-guide-quest/

https://docs.unrealengine.com/5.0/en-US/how-to-set-up-android-sdk-and-ndk-for-your-unreal-engine-dev...

But when I try to package the project, it says that Android SDK is not installed properly, I click "continue" and it tries and fails to install the sdk he want. When I run the SetupAndroid.bat manualy I have no error, and success for each request.

Here is some logs:

UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): Installed Sdk validity:
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): Android: (Status=Invalid, Allowed_Sdk=r25b, Current_Sdk=r25c, Allowed_AutoSdk=r25b, Current_AutoSdk=, Flags="InstalledSdk_InvalidVersionExists, Platform_ValidHostPrerequisites")
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): Will install 'Android SDK r25b'
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): ----------------------------------------------
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): Running 'F:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.1\Engine/Extras/Android/SetupAndroid.bat android-32 30.0.3 3.10.2.4988404 25.1.8937393 -noninteractive'
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): ----------------------------------------------
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): ERROR: Command F:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.1\Engine\Extras\Android\SetupAndroid.bat android-32 30.0.3 3.10.2.4988404 25.1.8937393 -noninteractive failed [Exit code 4, working dir = F:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.1\Engine\Extras\Android]
PackagingResults: Error: Command F:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.1\Engine\Extras\Android\SetupAndroid.bat android-32 30.0.3 3.10.2.4988404 25.1.8937393 -noninteractive failed [Exit code 4, working dir = F:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.1\Engine\Extras\Android]
LogSlate: Window 'Turnkey' being destroyed
Message dialog closed, result: No, title: Turnkey, text: Do you want to attempt again?

It seems trying to install SDK r25b when I configured 29 everywhere, that very exasperating.

If someone can help me before I give up.

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7

GregoryDFS
Honored Guest

And it seems hard to get help...

Hey Gregory , i hope that you successed to solve your problem , if not , try to switch to another version of the Java Dev Kit , my project had the same issue and fixed it with this 🙂 

Buuuuuut- now i have just a SDK error , but everything worked fine yesterday.

so yeah, UE sucks with android

Yes, I tried to follow other tutorials and switched to UE 4, I've been able to build the apk, but it fails to launch on the quest, I will wait one more year to retry...

harish.m.p.1990
Honored Guest

Actually you have to look into this on your output

Will install 'Android SDK r25b'

harishmp1990_0-1682537842127.png

Make sure u have installed NDK 25.1.8937393 using android sdk and select it in the unreal engine. 
This will get rid of this error

Thank you this solved my problem.

Thank you... Worked for me!

Thanks mate that helps! And for Unreal 5.3 it's a new Android tutorial, hopefully, that will be helpful, video:
https://youtu.be/ypR_YsnJaJo?si=xaSxKJF2FDcjsybS