cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to order a Quest 2 with the $50 store credit today, but ...

gwensparkle
Explorer

I want to order a Quest 2 with the $50 store credit today, but when I go to checkout there is nothing about the store credit showing.  Does anyone know how I add that to my order?  I see an option for a promo code, but the only place I see information about the store credit is on the Oculus home page, and it shows nothing about a promo code.  Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gwensparkle
Explorer

I sent an email after posting this question and received a response.  It sounds like you just have to trust Oculus that it will magically show up in your account after the device activation.  (Yes magically was the word the support person used).  It's a good deal if it works.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

gwensparkle
Explorer

I sent an email after posting this question and received a response.  It sounds like you just have to trust Oculus that it will magically show up in your account after the device activation.  (Yes magically was the word the support person used).  It's a good deal if it works.

I just bought a Quest 2 as well, but my issue is that I want to utilize the $50 Game Credit now on the Black Friday game deals before they expire. Would rather use the credit when the games are also discounted, but this does not look like a possibility.

Can you help me understand how you avail of this credit? I have got my oculus delivered at a friend's place in the Netherlands, she'll be giving it to me in two weeks. We did make the purchase when Oculus was showing the offer on the home page.

Thanks mate!

The credit goes into your account once you activate your device into your account.  You have one month to do that.  Below is the entire explanation I got from support:   

First, let me provide you real quick the list of our eligibility criteria for this promotion:

1. Order a new Quest 2 device from oculus.com between November 21 and November 29.
  2. Activate your new Quest 2 device within 30 days from the order date.­ You must finish the entire device setup process for the activation to complete.
  3. Once activated, the game credit will be applied to the Oculus account within an hour.*

*This promotion is only available 1 per an account. If you buy more than 1 Quest 2 device and you activate them all to the same account, you will only be granted the promotion once for $50 or equivalent in local currency.

How you will get the credit?

• The credit is automatically associated with the account at point of activation if they fall within the activation guidelines. There is no need to enter a promo code or click any link. Pretty magical!
  • That's why we recommend to all Oculus user who will avail the Oculus Holiday Promo to activate it as soon as they get it.

Game credit expiration:
Once you activate it, you will have approximately 60 days to use the store credit before it expires. There is no way to reinstate expired game credit so we recommend that you spend it as soon as you get it. 

• If you are located in North America, Europe, Taiwan, Australia, or New Zealand – your game credit will expire on February 26 or 27 of 2022.
  • You can confirm the exact expiration date by logging into the Oculus app and verifying through the Oculus app under the Payment Methods > Store Credit section.

If you purchased a new Quest 2 device outside the promotional dates or outside of oculus.com, your order is ineligible for the game credit.

• If a retailer was running a promotion of their own, you will need to contact them directly for assistance.