cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any difference between old and new rifts?

aerodyne
Protege
Hi

I had the disconnects of death so took my Rift back and ordered a new one (from the same retailer but online). I noticed the bundle has changed and you no longer get the remote or xbox controller but is there any differences in the Rift itself? I have seen people commenting on the foam cushion being different and was wondering if they have made any other changes.

O.T I had amazing help from Currys/PCWorld (UK) with my faulty unit. Highly recommend them.  

6 REPLIES 6

Star-lizard
Rising Star
From what I've read I believe the foam pad on the newer bundle is more comfortable and as you've stated you'd do not get the Xbox controller or remote 

Thmoas
Rising Star
Some people like the new foam, others don't. I'm sure there are revisions in the headsets, however Oculus is imo not the company to make these changes public.

inovator
Consultant
I have the old and new. For me it is alot more comfortable.

aerodyne
Protege
just had a whole day in the new rift and it is definitely more comfortable. Feels different for some reason though I don't have my old one to compare them. 

What a revelation it is to be able remove it from my head or scratch my nose without it cutting out.

falken76
Expert Consultant

aerodyne said:

just had a whole day in the new rift and it is definitely more comfortable. Feels different for some reason though I don't have my old one to compare them. 

What a revelation it is to be able remove it from my head or scratch my nose without it cutting out.

Lol, isn't it?  I had mine replaced on an RMA.  I am still worried it will disconnect when my nose itches, but it hasn't at all so far.  Everytime I get some sort of accomplishment and hear the computer speakers play that sound like a USB notification I'm expecting the headset to turn off and the screen to say "Can't find HDMI connection on Rift".  This one is great so far though.  But being able to play without disconnects is so great I have to get used to it.

aerodyne
Protege
yeah been on it for three or four hours today and finally starting to relax. What a relief! 

My disconnects got gradually worse over the course of a month and I had been adjusting my behaviour to compensate. Cant believe I put up with it like that.