cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Unity3D Play Mode Supported in WorkRooms, or equivalent

najak3d
Honored Guest

I have Meta Quest Pro.

The WorkRooms Desktop is supreme -- I set it on PassThrough office so that I can see my keyboard/mouse, this is a must.  The resolution of WorkRooms Virtual Monitors is excellent (better than Desktop showing through Quest Link mode).

What's MISSING??  I can't do Unity3D VR development inside WorkRooms!   Because Unity3D cannot deploy to the Headset in this environment.    Currently, I'd have to Quit WorkRooms, Launch Quest Link - to see Unity3D Play Mode.  Then to return to Desktop, I have to Quit Quest Link mode, and restart WorkRooms, and re-enter Desktop mode!    Totally non-feasible.

Thus ALL Unity3D VR developers are STUCK using the Real Desktop, and to enter Play Mode, we have to put on the Headset, and then remove it to return to Unity3D editor/VStudio!   Also annoying.

What is needed is an auto-toggle (or easy/fast toggle) between Desktop Monitors, and Unity3D VR Play mode.

NOTE: I tried to make this work via the Quest Link Monitors -- but they have worse text clarity than WorkRooms, and each time you enter into this mode, it forgets your Last Desktop Monitor Layout!  (it defaults to One Monitor Super-close, giving you neck strain).

It would also be acceptable if Quest Link Desktop/Monitors were improved to:
1. Provide Passthrough Office, so you can see your surroundings.
2. Remember your last Monitor Layout and default to showing it.
3. Improve that Monitor text clarity to match the quality of WorkRooms.

Either solution would do.  As of now, all VR developers are stuck in an awkward spot, NOT ALLOWING US to transition into WorkRooms for Unity3D VR development.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @najak3d! That sounds like a very interesting concept to add to Workrooms. It would be thrilling to add a 3D style layout to Workrooms! We love hearing ideas like this from our users, and we are always looking for ways to improve our VR experience to make it even better. The best way to get these suggestions seen by the right people is by posting them to our Ideas Forum here. You may also want to post about this in our Developer Forum here to get input from other developers!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!