cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Crashing??

ThornyTBN
Honored Guest

I have recently got a meta quest 2 and wanted to play on the oculus link, but it starts freezing going upside down, glitching and eventually crashing this happens most of the times. So I have tried using a different USB 3.0 port and it is still occurring I have check the cable on the app it stays its fine I also have checked my pc through stream vr performance tester and it comes out fine. I have tried it wirelessly yet same result any answers would be great.

Thanks 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @ThornyTBN!

Looks like you're having trouble with the Link Cable, that's definitely a pesky thing to have trouble with - let's fix this together! First, please be sure to check if your PC meets all the requirements, be sure your drivers are updated and check for any Windows updates you may need.

Repair the Oculus PC Application

1. Go to https://www.meta.com/quest/setup/ and click Download software.
  2. Select Repair.
    • If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.
    • If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.
    • If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.
    • Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.
  3. Allow the repair process to run, download and install.
  4. Launch the Oculus PC app.

If you continue having issues, please follow these steps to gather your Oculus Logs and submit a ticket to our Support Team. We'll be able to view those logs and continue to assist further, we'll have this resolved as soon as possible!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

YBR-
Honored Guest

I also had a problem like 5 minutes ago with my oculus quest 2. i was playing among us vr while using oculus link and i backed up against a wall in the game and someone was doing a "magic trick" and they did it and my headset just cuts out full battery and some sound like a snap went off and it died and now i have to charge it. Is there any solutions about this?

YBR-
Honored Guest

Oculus Link Problems- Could be cable connection issues. Are you using official Oculus Link Cables?

Wirelessly- WiFi most likely