cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift SI 1.26 Is Rolling Out to Public Test Channel

cybereality
Grand Champion
The latest Rift SI version 1.26 is starting to roll out to the Public Test Channel. This month's update brings Events to Rift! Events are a new way for you to discover and join public events, such as tournaments, meet ups and concerts. Bigscreen, Settlers of Catan, and Brass Tactics are just a few of the titles hosting events over the coming month, so keep an eye out! You can still share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and report bugs via the in-app reporting tool.
  • Events:
    • You can now discover public events on Rift, such as tournaments, social gatherings, and free weekends. Browse and subscribe to events via the Oculus desktop app. Once subscribed you'll receive a desktop notification when it's time to jump in and join the fun.
    • Developers can submit and schedule events for their apps and games through the Developer Dashboard.
  • Rift Core 2.0 Beta:
    • Added improvements to Oculus Desktop usability in Dash.
  • General:
    • Graphics: improved performance across all applications.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
48 REPLIES 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good deal - Looking forward to seeing the changes in Oculus Desktop usability and any performance improvements.

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
gets a thumbs up from me !

xeno3d
Adventurer
Got the update , but now only 2 of my 4 sensors are showing up on the devices page

pdhanneman
Protege
Where do we find the events?  I was just "in world" and I didn't see anything.
i7-8700K 3.7GHz Processor | Deepcool CAPTAIN 360EX WHITE RGB Liquid Cooler | ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA Motherboard | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB  DDR4-3200 Memory | FireCuda 2TB 7200RPM Hybrid HD | Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM HD | Barracuda 4TB 7200RPM HD | WD Black PCIe 256GB M.2-2280 SSD | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Video Card | Thermaltake - The Tower 900 Snow Edition Full Tower Case | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000W Power Supply | Two Divorces | One Bad Ass Credit Card Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
*Graphics: improved performance across all applications.

Are these meaning all GAMES/APPs too or just stuff in homescreens?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
@cybereality 

I noticed a minor issue after this update. Sometimes when I click to go "Home" it ends up sending me to the Store. And when I click to go to the Store, it sends me to my Home.

It doesn't happen a lot, but it happened about 3 times while I was Rifting moments ago. Just FYI.

xeno3d
Adventurer
I had to roll back to 1.25 in order for all 4 of my sensors to show up again

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you find any issues, please submit a bug reports so we can look into it. The bug submission form is in the Help Center (lower left of Oculus app) and then just click Provide Feedback and write a quick description. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

CrashFu
Consultant
Does this include a way for users to create their own 'events'?  Or will that sort of feature be in a future update?

That would be a great way to organize multiplayer game sessions without having to rely on the forums or actually go around asking individual people.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.