cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stumbled into an incredible, almost psychedelic visual experience

JosiahHudson
Honored Guest

There is an app called Wave, which from what I was able to gather, is a platform for artists to put on a brief show where they can design the visuals that accompany whatever it is that they're doing (music, stand up, etc.) Inside the app they are advertising live shows. One of them was a psytrance rave (I think)

Currently, there's a looped performance (every half hour or so) of Imogen Heap performing as a hologram with a DJ that is frankly jaw dropping. You can jump in and go see it. If it's still playing, I recommend you wait for the beginning of the next loop. It seems to be pretty much every 20, 30 mins or so, and it gives you a timer until the show starts again.

You'll walk into a room, which to me looks like an abandoned church with wooden floors. There are pillows in a semi-circle. Click on one for a seat that's optimal for the visual show she's about to put on. I really don't want to spoil anything, but good GOD is it beautiful. I left that show without a single doubt in my mind that this is the future of concerts, if even just alongside regular, live shows. You get the live presence of the band, but in this type of app, the artist is free to deliver exactly what they want you to experience without rules.

Ladies and gents, it was one of the coolest experiences I've had with my Oculus, and I've been trying to experience everything that I can. It's free, so do yourself a favor.

0 REPLIES 0