cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get rid off hands in home!

Wiry3211
Honored Guest

I have found a way to get rid of the noodle arms! It is as simple as going into experimental and turning on direct touch! It is so much nicer to have oldish ui and no arms.

Hope this helps!

7 REPLIES 7

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@Wiry3211 wrote:

I have found a way to get rid of the noodle arms! It is as simple as going into experimental and turning on direct touch! It is so much nicer to have oldish ui and no arms.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the heads up mate.  I got v50 today on both my Q2 and QPro but I didn't get the experimental Touch feature.  It'll probably get rolled out later I guess.  Cheers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

hmmmm I got a firmware update to 50 and controller updates but software still on 49.

Wow that is weird. Did you restarted the headset? Do you see the new features?  

We are all mad here.

I thought I did but just restarted again to be sure... software and OS still 49 but firmware and 'version' at 50. I've never been 100% sure what the relationship is with the 4 listing tbh, except the firmware being equivelent to driver.

Not sure what the 'version' is though. and what's included within the software as opposed to the OS. But anyway, I don't seem to have this direct touch option yet. I think some features had already been implemented with the Pro before release on Q2 but I haven't been using the Q2 for a while so not sure.

Edit, sorry I should say 'runtime' is 50, not 'firmware'

Totally feel you! These versions and updates are very confusing with any device. Well what is weird is that you should have a the direct touch unless the roll out is slowly coming out. Just wondering where are your seeing this information from? 

We are all mad here.

I'm looking at the Settings>System?Software_Update menu for the system version numbers, and in 'experimental' for direct touch.

No big deal really, just looking forward to the full v50 update and seeing what's included, I hear it's a big one!

Gotcha. But for sure! Just wondering since it is a weird one. Just fingers cross you get the new details soon! 

We are all mad here.