cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editor Play only works once with Quest Link.

drew
Explorer

I've been using my Quest 2 with Quest Link for development for the last few months with no issues. However mysteriously around this week or last, (early July 2022), something has changed and now it only works the first time I hit play.  Subsequent times I get this warning:

Unable to start Oculus XR Plugin.
Possible causes include a headset not being attached, or the Oculus runtime is not installed or up to date.

Then I have to restart Unity to get quest link working again.  This is a massive productivity killer so hoping there is an easy fix to make unity editor play mode work repeatedly without requiring a restart.

7 REPLIES 7

drew
Explorer

For anyone else hitting this, I found a temporary workaround by deleting my Rift application ID from the oculus platform settings.  

dhenuber
Honored Guest

I am hitting this also -- thanks for the post and for the workaround, will try now. Can confirm this is a total productivity killer.

Can you explain a bit more the steps to employ your workaround?

Tigershadow
Explorer

I also just encountered this, everything was fine last night and this morning I can only connect link on the first editor play and then have to restart Unity (2021.3.16f1). 

..can confirm removing Rift ID does seem to work as a temp fix

anthonyenns_0-1671738979352.png

hopploppa
Honored Guest

Thanks for posting this workaround, but this is indeed something that should be fixed. Very cumbersome to work around if also trying to integrate properly with Oculus Platform.

(Agreed.  Kind of shocking people are still running into this 7 months later.)

dhenuber
Honored Guest

The Rift ID thing didn't work for me when I was having this problem. The only fix I found that worked for me was here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/manual-openxr-load-with-unity-input-system-not-working.1075966/#post...

Ysiu_
Explorer

This is so odd, removing RiftId also works for me. Did anyone got further understanding why? Seems like a very odd thing