cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up the OVR Avatar hands on a OVR Player Controller?

nerdVRBuddy
Protege
In a prior version of unity i would import OVRAvatar package and everything would work well on import but now i'm receiving these messages

Assets/OvrAvatar/Samples/SocialStarter/Assets/Scripts/P2PManager.cs(3,14): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Platform' does not exist in the namespace `Oculus'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/OvrAvatar/Samples/SocialStarter/Assets/Scripts/PlatformManager.cs(6,14): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Platform' does not exist in the namespace `Oculus'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/OvrAvatar/Samples/SocialStarter/Assets/Scripts/PlayerController.cs(5,14): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Platform' does not exist in the namespace `Oculus'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/OvrAvatar/Samples/SocialStarter/Assets/Scripts/RemotePlayer.cs(4,14): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Platform' does not exist in the namespace `Oculus'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/OvrAvatar/Samples/SocialStarter/Assets/Scripts/VoipManager.cs(4,14): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Platform' does not exist in the namespace `Oculus'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

And when i open  the CS Files in monodevelop, at the top they have somthing like using OVR.Platform;
but the word Platform is in red.

NOTE ALSO ALl i want to do is a local game in my computer not a Networked game.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nerdVRBuddy
Protege
Never mind everyone i solved it by deleting all those cs files in the samples folder.

Now the question I have is how to set up the OVR Avatar hands on a OVRPlayer Controller. It's difficult. and i don't know how to align it to the controller or set up the hands so that they appear

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

nerdVRBuddy
Protege
Im using OVR Unity Utilities 1.16.0 beta and Oculus Avatar 1.16.0     ANd my version of Unity is 5.6.2f1

nerdVRBuddy
Protege
Never mind everyone i solved it by deleting all those cs files in the samples folder.

Now the question I have is how to set up the OVR Avatar hands on a OVRPlayer Controller. It's difficult. and i don't know how to align it to the controller or set up the hands so that they appear

Anonymous
Not applicable
To answer your original question, I had this issue just now.  Download the Oculus Platform SDK and import.

https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/oculus-platform-sdk/

myBadStudios
Protege
same problem 4 months later. downloaded utilities and avatar sdk... getting nowhere....fast 😞