cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Pro unity dev issues: one eye rendering and lagging passthrough

anthony.hunt.75
Explorer

Hi

As mentioned in the title I am using my Quest Pro for developing in Unity using Oculus SDK. I have tested all basics features (oculus integration, interaction, movement and avatar) which I will all require for my project and have encountered two main issues.

1. When loading the Movement sample scenes (Aura and high fidelity) the right eye does not display the mirrored avatar correctly and is showing an un-refreshed trail of the gameObject.

2. Using custom scene and the sample scenes of the Integration SDK, the passthrough is lagging, even tho the stats window indicates 72 FPS.

I am using Oculus integration v47, unity movement v1.3.2, Unity 2021.3.16f1 LTS, oculus xr plugin 3.2.2.

Any help ? Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

anthony.hunt.75
Explorer

Concerning issue 2, I built the apk and uploaded through sideQuest and the passthrough is working fine ! So it has to be in my unity settings somehow.

anthony.hunt.75
Explorer

Also configured my session following oculus dev settings recommendations. Works like a charm on Quest 2.

Hassan_K
Explorer

For Point 2: do you mean that passthrough lags in-editor? That happens for me too. I think that's expected behavior since there's so much rendering going on for the editor and headset, but I'm not sure.

For Point 1: the following link might help you. Link: https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Unity-VR-Development/Quest-3-one-eye-not-showing-complete-scen.... I had an issue where only one eye was seeing correctly in-editor because of my stereo rendering settings for the XR Plug-in on PC. Changing to Multi-Pass on PC fixed the problem in-editor for me. I believe this is especially tricky because the Meta project validation tool will recommend not using Multi-Pass.