cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Started a New Unity Project - Met w/ "error CS0234:The type or namespace name 'Policy'"

Sploosh
Level 3
I just started a new unity project, and after importing Oculus utilites I'm met with 2 errors.

The first is "AssetImporter is referencing an asset from the previous import. This should not happen." which occured prior to importing Oculus utilities, and I can't seem to find any info on this online.

The second is "Assets\Oculus\Avatar\Scripts\OvrAvatarSkinnedMeshRenderPBSV2Component.cs(4,23): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Policy' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Security' (are you missing an assembly reference?)" 

Any suggestions as to how to fix these error messages?

*EDIT:* Updating OVR to latest settings (1.32) after a screen prompt  saying I was at version 0.0.0 seems to have fixed this I guess.
2 REPLIES 2

citizen12
Level 4
Wouldn't worry about the first error.  It's transient.  Switching your Player Settings to .NET 4.x (e.g.):

Scriptable Runtime Version: .NET 4.x Equivalent
Api Compatibility Level: .NET 4.x

should deal with the "Policy" error.  If you don't want to change your runtime then simply comment out the "using System.Security.Policy;" line in OvrAvatarSkinnedMeshRenderPBSV2Component.cs will do it.  It's not even required.

metecanpolat
Level 2

:white_heavy_check_mark: