cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with URP when implementing Application Spacewarp

jelmer_s2
Protege

Following this guide https://developer.oculus.com/blog/introducing-application-spacewarp/

I am trying to use Application Spaceawarp (AS) in my project.

From the guide it is unclear to my how you should exactly replace the URP pipeline. What I did (unsuccesfully): 

delete the current URP package from my project

place the folder com.unity.render-pipelines.universal from that branch into my assets folder. 

What happens is that I get compilation errors for scripts inside com.unity.render-pipelines.universal, it is missing a bunch of stuff. 

(for example: Assets/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/ShaderLibrary/ShaderTypes.cs(5,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'GenerateHLSLAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?))

When I include the URP package from the package manager, I get the message that there are duplicates. 

(for eaxmple: Assembly with name 'Unity.RenderPipelines.Universal.Runtime.Tests' already exists (Assets/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/Tests/Runtime/Unity.RenderPipelines.Universal.Runtime.Tests.asmdef) ) 

Advice is appreciated 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Edit: I'm not sure what happened, but it now works following this part of the guide. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are downloading it from the website it downloads the repo incomplete, so you need to use Git. The actual repo size is something like 3Gb, then just install each package locally. My problem now with AWS is making it work with custom shaders, there is poor documentation of how to do it.

Edit: I'm not sure what happened, but it now works following this part of the guide.