cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was using it in a Doctor's lobby while waiting for parents and it was incredible.

AntDX3162
Heroic Explorer

I was using it in a Doctor's lobby while waiting for parents and it was incredible. Being able to talk to a real-life guide and people in the game, it really took the boredom out of waiting in the lobby that I had to leave a game early because they were finished. I think the game was called Innerworld? People were talking and it felt like a better or at least different experience than real-life as it was in a group. Sure not too many people were using it and it seems to be dying out but maybe that can be fixed somehow? I think there has to be more demo events with the Meta Quest Pro so people can experience Innerworld and the live Sports.

When I first got it yesterday I let my parents try it and they liked it. For me, if it's not for the social it's not that good. I got the Meta Quest Pro as I'm trying to develop in Unity with it. The 3D is a lot better than how it used to be in the previous versions which were good for Project Cars and such but it has more motion blur. These are a lot better and it's just unfortunate Meta cancelled a better Meta Quest Pro version. I think better versions need to exist as the experience is like no other. You don't have to be tethered to a PC. You can just sit by an outlet with mobile hotspot on and it works great.

2 things should exist in a better version if it happens to come back.
The pixel density or at least spacing too and the black levels from AMOLED without the motion blur of course.
Quitting a new version isn't good imo. I think just more apps need to exist or the really good apps need to be marketed more. I have no problem just using it for a couple apps and nothing else. I assume a lot of people are missing out as they don't know it exist.

It's unfortunate more people don't know about this and Vuzix. Each has their own HMD purpose. I thought I had to create my own apps for the Meta Quest Pro as I do with Vuzix but apparently I don't. I think more apps need to exist for eye tracking and more eye tracking needs to exist in all the games. I think eye tracking has to exist on laptops and desktops which AMD does so well with Privacy view. It's a lot quick to get stuff done with your eyes than moving a mouse or thumbstick for input control.

facebook.com/AntDX316
0 REPLIES 0