cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Cars - How do I turn off the annoying gaze control?

Wildt
Consultant
Help?! It's almost impossible for my buddies with no VR experience to start a game without altering some setting due to this feature. It also annoys me at times.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb
15 REPLIES 15

mambo1888
Rising Star
I asked a couple of times the same question but never heard back. I really hope they remove it or at least give you an option to turn it off.

edmg
Trustee
While I find the gaze interface slow and clunky, it's a bit hard to control otherwise when you only have a steering wheel in front of you. They need some kind of VR interface, and can't make it dependent on motion controllers at this point because not everyone has them.

Even then, there doesn't seem to be any way to get out of replays without taking the headset off and using a mouse to close them on the PC monitor.

mambo1888
Rising Star
@edmg what wheel are using, I thought most of them had a form of dpad. I use a G27 and the dpad is on the shifter worked perfectly and was second nature reaching down to navigate the menus using the dpad. Added support to use the Oculus Remote to navigate menus could be another option for those that dont have a dpad on their wheel.

edmg
Trustee
My G29 has a pad, but I've only used it in the car select menu. Even there, it seems like I have to look at the car I want to select in order to select it and get out of menu.

Does it work everywhere? I never thought to try it in the main menu.

mambo1888
Rising Star
Yeah I use my G27 to navigate all menus and have assigned other buttons on the shifter to select, back and recentre view. The dpad still works but if you move your head gaze control kicks in, very annoying.

Wildt
Consultant
Yeah, I've got a G27 as well, and the dpad is perfect for menu navigation, but the gaze control just f*cks it all up 😞
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

edmg
Trustee
Thanks. Looks like I have some more buttons to configure on my wheel!

mambo1888
Rising Star
no worries it worked great before the gaze control but even with the gaze control you can still use it (though moving your head brings up gaze control can be very annoying but still works) hopefully they sort it out in the next update

hebbe
Honored Guest
To disable the very annoying gaze control, you have to edit the 'selection delay' value in config file:
\Documents\Project CARS\oculussettings.xml.
Edit 'PointTriggerTime' from default 1.5 (seconds) to something bigger, e.g.:
 <prop name="PointerTriggerTime" data="300" />

Now you can stare any UI element for 5 full minutes before it does anything annoying 😉