cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift/s and quest library

redboul.one.2023
Honored Guest

hello, here would it finally be possible that the games rift /s compatible quest that it is in the library of the quest too (yes I know we can play it via link) would be so much more fun. It would be interesting to explain to us why this is not the case at the present time.would be very sad that it would be just to hope to sell 2x the product
thanks to the meta team for keeping VR alive

2 REPLIES 2

Cheffromage
Retired Support

Heyyo redboul, First, I want to welcome you to the forums! We love our new users! I know how important it is to be able to use games you already own on your new device. I love gaming on my Quest, both with and without a link to my PC. I did some research and I found some games that you can play on the Quest while linked to your PC, here: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/section/2335732183153590/. These are the games that are cross buy compatible, but Rift s games are not able to be used on standalone because the graphics are too intense for the operating system of the Quest 2 and Quest Pro. That's why you have to link them to your PC in order to play games with higher graphics. Let us know if you need further clarification or if this didn't help!

DO YOU HEAR ANY ROFLCOPTERS SON!

kojack
MVP
MVP

Effectively the Quest series are mobile phones, without the phone bit. They are android devices using mobile phone chips.

So there's a few major incompatibilities:

Rift games:

- Intel/AMD based CPUs

- Nvidia/AMD GPUs

- Windows operating system

Quest games:

- Qualcomm Snapdragon CPU

- Qualcomm Adreno GPU

- Android operating system

The final build of a game for Rift is physically incompatible with the Quest, and vice versa. With the most common game engines (Unity and Unreal) it's easy to build both versions of a game. However you then run into the problem Cheffromage talked about: performance. The Quest can do some great things, but its massively underpowered compared to a good gaming PC. So while its easy to build a PC game for a Quest, it can be a lot of effort to make it run acceptably.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2