cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The official link cable doesnt work with my brand new oculus quest 2 headset

gregmaxseks
Honored Guest

I got a brand new oculus quest 2 headset yesterday, and with it i bought the official meta link cable, but no matter what i do, it doesnt connect. I tried connecting with air link and it works perfectly fine, no issues, but whenever i connect with the cable, all it does is charge, nothing happens, no prompts, nothing. And i tried searching for the headset in the pc app, and searching for the pc in the headset, but it just keeps searching. When i used air link the vr worked perfectly fine, and my pc meets all the requirments. The only thing that sticks out is that when i connect with air link it says "Missing requirments" but when i ran the steam vr performance test it said it should work perfectly fine. My specs are:

Amd ryzen 5 3600

Amd radeon RX 6700 XT

Tuf gaming b550- pro motherboard

Two kingtson DDR4 8G ram (16 total)

kingston 1tb ssd

windows 10 

ethernet connection

I have tried factory resetting the headset, restarting the computer and headset, reinstalling the oculus pc app, turning off air link, using a different usb C port. I dont have any other computers so i cant test the cable on another computer, 

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We don't like to see our users have this kind of issue. We know how important it is to get this working as quickly as possible. Not to worry. We recommend connecting with our specialized team here. We'll be able to look further into this for you. We suggest adding your PC log files to the ticket. This will help us find the cause of the issue. If you require assistance creating a ticket, please let us know!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!